Monday, February 9, 2009

Even the Chiropractor Wants and Needs References

As I was signing in at the chiropractor's office this morning, I noticed a new information sheet on the counter. Always interested in providing value to his patients, my chiropractor wanted to hear the positive things his patients had to say about his services and invited them to participate. As a reference management professional, this was music to my ears, and, of course, I told him I was in the business of doing this and could help him, pro bono (although I wouldn't mind some free sessions!) He told me his friends think it's a good idea to video testimonials and put them on YouTube.
Way to go, Doctor!
My point: even the smallest business can benefit from a reference management system. I don't know if the good doctor ever Googled himself and came across his name on the Rate-a-doctor web site, but prospective patients sure will. Whether he knows it or not, future - and existing - patients are checking him out, wanting to make sure he's providing excellent value (and he does!)
So, if your customers are Googling you, and they are, you might as well help them out and put your own references out there.
How many of you are putting customer video testimonials on YouTube or at least on your own web sites? Holler back at me if you are.
And if anyone's in the central New Jersey area and needs an excellent chiropractor, I know one and can refer you!
Bye for now,
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Barb, your chiropractor doesn't have contacts in Seattle, does he/she? I sent you a note through the CRKSN membership about References-Online's ToD product which is creating some buzz. If you send me an email, I'd love to send you an invite to some of the work we've done for Canine Camps, small law firms, and KeyStone, Colorado condos!

    ReplyDelete